Do you want to hide the network name of the network of your Netgear Nighthawk router or update its firmware to its latest version? If you want to tweak any settings of the router, the basic requirement for you to do is to perform Netgear Nighthawk router login. In this article, we have discussed two different methods following which you will be able to do Netgear router login with ease.
Here are the methods through which logging in to your networking device is possible:
- Using Manual method
- Via Nighthawk application
If you want to log in to your device using a computer, use the first method, and if you want to make use of a mobile device, then the second method will be able to help you out. Keep reading this article to learn about both of these methods.
Nighthawk Router Login via Manual Method
Note: Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is not kept anywhere near metal objects, transmitting appliances, reflexive surfaces, electronic devices, and concrete walls.
- Start the process by locating a wall socket for your Netgear router.
- Once you locate it, plug your router into it and hit the power button.
- Doing so will turn on the device and the LED will glow.
- Now, you need to pair the WiFi devices, as in, the router and the modem.
- You can do so with the assistance of an Ethernet cable.
- A wireless source of connection can also be used for this purpose.
- Open an internet browser on your device.
Note: Only use an updated internet browser to log in to your wireless router. Otherwise, you will come across Netgear router login issues. You wouldn’t want that, right?
- Access the address bar of your browser and enter routerlogin.net.
- Press the Enter key to go to the Netgear router login page.
- Once the login portal comes into view, enter the username and password.
- While doing so, remember that the login credentials are case-sensitive.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will pop up.
The appearance of this wizard is a sign that you have successfully done Netgear router login using the manual method. Now, you can change Netgear Nighthawk login admin password or tweak any other settings of your networking device.
Netgear Router Login via Nighthawk Application
Note: Ensure that your mobile device is fully charged. Any factor that might be interrupting the Netgear router login process is not needed.
- After physically setting up your router, unlock your mobile device.
- If you have not already downloaded the Nighthawk app, do it now.
- For that, you need to access the Play or App Store.
- Give enough time for the application to get installed.
Note: It is recommended that you do not perform background activities on your mobile device while the app is getting installed. It will not let the application get installed properly.
- Once the app gets installed, launch it on your mobile device.
- You will be asked to create an account.
- Do so using your personal details like full name, email address, and password.
- Thereafter, on the login window, enter the login credentials.
Note: If you want to be sure of the login credentials of your Netgear Nighthawk router, then consider diverting your attention to the user manual that came along with it.
- Tap on the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home screen will display itself.
In this manner, you have learned how to use the Netgear Nighthawk application to log in to your Netgear wireless router.
By the way, you can use the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC only if have an emulator installed on your computer. Otherwise, the manual method is the only way through which you can use your PC to log in to the Netgear router.
As mentioned in the introduction of this article, in order to change the settings of your Netgear Nighthawk router, you need to log in to it. And how that is possible, we have explained above. Hopefully, the aforementioned guidelines helped you to log in to your networking device with ease.
What do you think of this article? If it was worth your time, then it is recommended that you share your feedback with your fellow readers via the comment section.